I worked at the BBC for more than 16 years, as a radio presenter, reporter, newsreader and producer.
- I’m based in London, where I have a Home Studio with ISDN.
- My natural voice is a smooth, reassuring RP, tailor made for commercial, corporate or narration work.
- And check out my Character Demo, to see the vast range of accents and impressions, which would be ideal for animation or comedy.
- Oh, and I can also do some half-decent singing impressions.
Did you know that…
- …I have achieved the rare double of switching on the Christmas lights in both Bracknell AND Reading in a single year.
- …most of my friends say I’d be their “phone a friend,’ because of my ability to remember meaningless facts and figures.
- …I love cycling. I’m a paid-up member of the unashamed, unflattering lycra-wearing cycle brigade.
- …former GMTV newsreader Penny Smith once partially stripped me, while I was reporting at a charity cricket match.
- …I am pretty good at both Sudoku and Killer Soduku.
Rory is versatile with an innate instinct for lifting
characters off the page. What’s more is that he
has a magical ability to always make himself
available – even at short notice!
Ally Lang – BBC Radio 2 Station Sound.
Seriously slick. Effortless and so flexible.
Guy Michaels – Voiceover Kickstart
I am always pleased when I book Rory for a job, as he makes the recording and producing process very easy and the finished product is always top notch.
Toby Huggins – KVH Media Group
Thanks again for the speedy response and professional service.
Simon Brown – Creative Director, Holey & Moley
Rory, I soooo loved this! Seriously, from the first line, I just sat back, shut my eyes and was spirited away.
Mark Williams – Author, The Gambia Diaries